Ahhahhah, guess what they show on TV on Finland’s independence day? Yup, that’s right, the Finland-Sweden game from 2011 :’D
IS THIS FOR REAL? Finland sometimes I love you. Okay often. Especially when far from home. But this, this is gold. 6-1!!!!!!!
Welcome To Finland.
on a scale of one to invade russia in the winter
how bad is your idea
invading finland in winter
the Finns used SKIS. just imagine being a Russian coming to battle and all of a sudden the Finns come out on nowhere ON SKIS
You could say the Russians were…
96 years. Tomorrow it’s been 96 years since a small poor place called Finland became an own independent country. A lot has happened in those years. Finland, which had been a part of Russia, a part of Sweden, taken over by these two big countries, has become one of the best, beautiful and calm places to live in the world. Finns, a small nation with a great strength, have managed to make Finland the country it is now. Independence has never been a self-evidence for us. That is one of the reasons why my home land is so important to me and close to my heart. Over 96 years since my family had to run away from Karelia.
Oh our land, Finland,
land of our birth,rings out the golden word!
No valley, no hill,no water, shore more dear
than this northern homeland,precious land of our fathers.
For the honor of Finland’s independence day I would like to make a list of things I am thankful of:
Dear Finland, followers, friends, humans;
I want to thank you
- Thank you for giving me a safe place to live
- Thank you for giving me my own language
- Thank you for giving me my freedom
- Thank you for the brave warriors who made my country free
- Thank you for the food, thank you for the water
- Thank you for my family
- Thank you for my education
- Thank you for the snow that enlightens my day when it’s dark
- Thank you for the lakes
- Thank you for the hills
- Thank you for the woods
- Thank you for Russia for letting us go
- Thank you for Sweden for being by our side. Tack.
- Thank you for my friends Amy, Marline and Hannah who make me enjoy speaking finnish more than I ever have
- Thank you for light
- Thank you for darkness
- Thank you for letting me be myself
- Thank you for letting me be an atheist
- Thank you for making me proud
- Thank you for making me cry
- Thank you for making me laugh
- Thank you for making me a Finn
WE ARE NOT SWEDISH, WE WILL NOT BE RUSSIANS, WE SHALL BE FINNS.
(Everyone be thankful what you’ve got, we tend to complain about what we don’t have and forget what we have)
YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS TOMORROW
LET’S SPAM BLUE AND WHITE ALL OVER THE PLACE, SHALL WE?